Thursday, June 10, 2010

Books

Because I have a dull life, I will not report on the mundane passages of time in my house. Every now and again, something might occur that makes me smile, or laugh, or think about blogging, but the hole in my brain lets everything escape eventually, so I cannot recall a single, worthwhile piece of humor.

Too bad.

As for books I've read, here goes:

Learning to Play Gin by Ally Carter--

This is the sequel to Cheating at Solitaire, but I must confess that it was not as entertaining as the first book and is, in no way, as good as Ms. Carter's YA books. Still, I really liked the ending.

Hangman's Curse by Frank Peretti--

This YA book is more Christian than what I usually read. I will admit that I tend to dislike Christian based novels because they get preachy and lose the force of the story in religious quotations. Hangman's Curse did not do this and I was pleasantly surprised by the overall quality of plot, action, and character voices contained therein. This book I can easily recommend to YA lovers of mystery.

The Dating Diaries by Kristen Kemp--

First and foremost, this book was not my cup of tea. While I love YA, delving into a world of casual promiscuity and filthy language is my turn off. Bleh. Next time, I'll stick to my better instincts and put the book down after the first chapter.

That's it for now, peeps. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment