Friday, January 29, 2010

Reading list for January

My year-long goal is to read 52 books. That equates to a book a week, which shouldn't be hard, considering the kinds of books I like can usually be polished off in a day. So far, this is what I've read:

The Hunger Games and Catching Fire both by Suzanne Collins--
sign me up for the fan club... what more can I say?

Gorgeous by Rachel Vail--
interesting story, but not so gripping that it will go down in history as one of my favorites.

Captivate by Carrie Jones--
second in a series. I usually read series books in order and this one was accidentally out of order, but I didn't care for the author's writing style and won't read the others.

Lament and Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater--
good story telling mingled with bad language, which (I thought) would have been better without. The first book, Lament, had a good hook at the beginning, while the second, Ballad, just sort of rode on the coattails of the first... not as gripping, but readable if you can get past the language (which is more abundant in the sequel)

No comments:

Post a Comment