Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Nothing of Significance

I have two books to add to my list for the year, though I'm not sure how best to count them as I only read about one hundred pages from each. What can I say? They just didn't grab me, and after a hundred pages, I think I gave them a fair shot, right?

Anyway, here they are:

Wish by Alexandra Bullen

Hidden Voices by Pat Lowery Collins

On another front, I've been editing my heart out lately, which is a good thing since I had put it off for so long. My first story is almost as ship-shape and beautiful as I thought it was when I first wrote it. Laugh on that for a while.

In the meantime, it's snowing outside. Again. All I can really say to that is, I am very thankful for electricity and it is to this mode of modern living that I am happily addicted. (No pity, please) The power went out in our house for a few hours at the beginning of the first, big snowstorm and all I could think was "Why didn't I take a shower last night when I still had a chance?" --However, regrets easily erased are good for reminding us of what we have.

I hope all of my friends are safe out there... thinking of you.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you stay safe through the next round and that the power stays on!!!

    So glad you're editing! Yea!

    ReplyDelete