Sunday, April 25, 2010

What can I say but that my life is just getting better and better. I have sorted out a few things and learned a few more, and even though I've not gotten a whole lot of writing done, I am supremely happy with where I am.

What have I been up to, you might ask? Mostly, reading. I have allowed my little digits (1-5) to eat up a lot of computer time whilst I relax and do things that are as equally enjoyable as sitting in front of the glowbox. Digit #6 is too little to do more than mess up the computer in ways I cannot fix, so he's not allowed to play. But this is fine, because he would much rather sneak out of the house and eat kitty's food and play in the car whenever I'm not looking.

I was thinking back to my dreaded RESOLUTIONS made back in January, and I believe that the cold must have affected my thinking, else why would I ever, EVER deign to clean my entire house?? Really, quite ridiculous. Besides reading, I can't really remember what else I promised I would do, except that one BIG thing I will never do. Hmmm... I have too many other, more interesting, things to occupy my time than something as mundane as finding the floor, or checking whether I still own a working vacuum.

Sheesh.

Well, here's the low-down on my latest reads:

Savvy by Ingrid Law--

A really cute story for the younger YA's (12-14) that I enjoyed. I look forward to the sequel, Scumble, and recommend this for any and all.

are these my basoomas i see before me by Louise Rennison--

The final confessions of Georgia Nicolson. As I've probably mentioned about these books, this being the tenth (and last) in the series, they are utterly ridiculous, but oh, so funny.

Wondrous Strange and Darklight by Lesley Livingston--

I started out really liking this series. Book one (Wondrous Strange) has just enough mystery and romance to keep, yours truly, happy. While I did guess the bulk of the mysteries long before they were officially revealed--this may be due to the small fact that I've been around the book-block a few times--I still enjoyed the read. Book two (Darklight) introduces more mystery, or confusion, depending on how you look at it, and this is where I start to lose interest. This second book bridges the end of the first with whatever sequel will come next without a separate story line or plot. It's just another 'and in this episode we learn that...' which really bugs me about series books. I can understand having suspense and anticipation for the next book and all, but really, each book should stand on its own. Shouldn't it? Oh well, I'll likely keep reading this series to the end.

3 comments:

  1. I love to read instead of doing the things that should be done!HA, HA! Have you read Hunger Games, and Catching Fire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am officially a fan of Suzanne Collins. She is uber awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soo hear you on the big spring house cleaning... Every day I think to myself that I need to start getting serious about it ... and every day my novel calls--because what's a little dust when inspiration is at stake, right?

    I wish I had time to read for I truly miss it, but right now all I have time to read besides my own work are the wonderful teasers of my very talented friends.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's plowering ahead with the whole blog thing. It's comforting to have company. Sometimes I feel like it's just me talking to myself :)

    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete