Monday, March 15, 2010

Rain

I decided I haven't written any poetry for a while. Afterward, I should definitely get back to writing one of those many, many books plaguing my mind. Or get dressed...

Anyway, here goes. I call it, RAIN

Wet and cold
the rain is falling
seeping
into low places
and filling them.

Grey and low
the clouds are stalling
blocking
out the sun
to make it dark.

Broken apart
my heart is calling
seeking
for peace
and warm comfort.

Back at the start
I am standing
stepping
through the rain
toward the finish.



And, what have I read? :::::

Fallen by Lauren Kate--

This book has a great idea and a great start, mystery, subtle clues, and a lot of pulling on the old heartstrings. Here it comes... But, I felt like the 'mystery' dragged out a bit much, leading into a very unfulfilling finale. The open-ended way the book left off did not make me want to read the sequel, though it does present some interesting questions-- like, 'What the hay is going on?'
Until next time, keep reading, keep writing, keep dreaming.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment