Monday, March 29, 2010

Physics Lesson

An object at rest...

I've decided that I fit into the old example of 'object at rest'. I am the 'writer not writing' and the longer I'm at that, the harder it is for me to stop stopping. Adversely, the bigger a roll I'm on in writing, editing, or whatever, the harder it is for me to stop doing that.

Right now, if I could only learn from the above stated knowledge, I might get a lot better results from the- ahem - diet I'm not really on by not eating the Easter candy I purchased for my children. Those of you who shop in bulk know that Costco sells Jelly Belly (aka, Bertie Botts in my house) jelly beans in four pound buckets. After I've fished out all the sizzling cinnamon, coconut, and pina colada, it's amazing how the left-overs suddenly taste good enough to now be eaten.

I wasn't going to eat them all...


What I've been reading:

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson--

I liked this story, though it took a while to grab me. (Must have been my own fault)

Nobody's Princess and its sequel, Nobody's Prize by Esther Friesner--

These were ok, felt kind of middle-grade to me, so definitely not my favorites.


Until next time, this is the Jelly Belly queen and her horde, signing out.

2 comments:

  1. You were just helping your horde out by not letting them hoard. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hoarding horde and their Easter candy.

    ReplyDelete