Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Unchanged Melody

I've been reluctant to post anything lately. Perhaps because I am uninspired, or because nothing new and exciting has occurred. Maybe I am suffering from pre-holiday stress (it only gets worse). Anyway, I have the same old rejections showing up in my mail, the same old car breaking down in my driveway, the same old bills (steadily increasing in amounts as the months roll by). Oh, sigh. It's enough to make one want to go shopping.

Then there's the demon. Ever skirting my periphery and at the edge of my thoughts, he keeps coming by to haunt me. The sacrificial poem for the demon isn't ready yet. Another thing to work on. Until then, keep running, says I. Demons are slow---Wow, that reminds me of the tortoise and the hare. Except that would make me the hare, and we all know what happened to the hare... Never mind. I will rewrite THAT story as well. Just put it on my to-do list. Right under 'pull weeds and clean out flowerbeds.'

But, Halloween is over, the queen is gone, and I promised that I'd get back to writing. The voices are ever chanting in my head of what needs to be portrayed. The vision is bright; the plot is twisted, but clear. All I need to do is put the pen to the page and write.... right after I finish reading the latest Vampire Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment